2020 The Year of Concerts: April


 Satan came to play this year.  
I mean 2020, it's been a full-court press, am I right?
The team is short players, we've got broken bones, blood on the court -
it's like we aren't even in the game anymore.

We need to catch a breath.

...

Audible rest:
That's what Peter CottonTale created with the album, CATCH.
The music director/ producer/ artist has crafted plenty of hits, a bulk of them being with the one and only: Chance The Rapper.  I didn't know this until doing some digging. I love the trail of discovery, typing so fast and breezing through discographies until a huge grin fills up my face.

I also got the joy of connecting the dots that Peter  Wilkins is also the bandleader of The Social Experiment. This warmed my heart because the song, "Sunday Candy" has long been a favorite of mine. I can't tell you the mornings in college it got me out of bed and reminded me of the people that shape us and love us. Then these years later to find out Peter CottonTale was playing on this song, and I never knew is like meeting an old friend, years later.  I love to see all the work artists do - there are so many moves made without noise or spotlight - done just for the sake of the music.




This album is the best 2020 has offered up yet.

It's the hope of:
The hug you've wanted all of this quarantine. All the 2020 graduates walking across their stages (we're so proud of you - please celebrate in new way and invite us along). All those essential workers getting to sleep, be supported emotionally, and have time away. It's healing of the lungs.

It's the reality of:
Shoes off in the spring rain. Praise. Calling God good even when in hurts. Knowing He's looking out, beyond where I can see. Acknowledging what we've lost. Being real about the cracks in our hearts that never healed. The bag balm we slapped on our heart for the quick fix. Knowing God will - sometimes that's enough for the day. Joy. Dancing. Finding space in all the distance to celebrate the freedom I know in Christ. Letting go. Starting again when you thought you couldn't. Taking the first step, whatever that is.

That's just what it is to me. I hope it makes you feel this at ease.

...

"What you do not need, you must leave it behind you."





"You're my sing-a-long
You're the only song on my iPod
You're the only CD I keep in the whip (the whip)
You're my number one song on every playlist (playlist)"
"Forever Always", by Peter CottonTale

Comments

Popular Posts