To Remember.

07/19/62 - 10/21/17



I keep reaching down into my heart to pull out words or phrases.
Some that might describe who you were, or what a world without my momma looks like.
When my hands come out they are covered with words of your long-suffering.
I struggle most to write those.
But I do, and I rinse my hands to reach back in.
I reach far to the bottom hoping only for the best, most rooted words about you.
I open my fist expecting a novel.
But there's one phrase in red in the center of my palm.

"Thank you."

I feel great loss because I have been given much.
So when I reach for words;
I find thank you.
To my God, that allowed me to know you and keep you so long despite your sickness.
To the people who have reached out with kindness and thoughtfulness.
And thank you to my momma for being the kind of person I will miss everyday for the rest of my life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts