Update

I tried 5 months of these series.
They offered as a learning experience, but I must say not as much more.
This is because of me, not the content or the subjects.
They were beautiful and rare, and I didn't do them justice.

I apologize for the mediocrity that you've had to entertain and hope for better.
See I was trying to copy.
I was trying to reproduce what has already been done very well.
This is the type of imitation that offers no flattery.  
I expressed in earlier posts that I was dealing with a block and that writing at this point really was a discipline as to not give up on the craft completely.
In hindsight I should have done this in the quietness of my own pages, but I shared. 
So my apology is that you had to read writings that were articulated with half of my heart. I will not however apologize that you got to witness my writer's block.
It was intense, isolating, and kept me from the thing that comforts me most. 

I'm glad I could record the moments my writing was in the desert because now you can share with me the sweet joy of growth.
I'm not going to jump into a series or make plans, or declare things I don't follow up with. 

I'm going to slowly flex the muscle that lets me write.
Because like an athlete that tears their ACL, we fear to go full out again.
We know we must, we're all fire.
But the first few times we must train, and walk, and wait.

Whatever comes, comes.


Comments

Popular Posts