Mixtape: January 2017

Mixtape:  A collection of interviews, Installment 1


Troy McNeil  


The person: Pastor / Father / Husband /
Friend / Web developer / Pick-up Basketball Extraordinaire 
The interview: Minutes - 39, Seconds - 28
The artist: Bob Dylan
The fun fact: Spent time in Nashville writing songs
The one liner: "99 percent of happiness in music is fabricated, because it's just not the human condition."





"I went to McKay's. I'll never forget it. We went to McKay's back when it was in a house. I went there one Friday evening when I was in high school, and I bought "Like a Rolling Stone," on Highway 61 Revisited, and I listened to it on my little CD player at home. I just listened to that one song for eight hours straight, I just couldn't unlisten to it. That's one of those moments in my life. The first time I heard "Like a Rolling Stone," it's still super vivid to me. And that's the crazy thing about music... I can associate what time of day it was, I know what the weather was, like the season. Music has that ability to connect all senses."



...




Associated resources:

Attributing individuals:
Photo credit: The Emily Puckett
Idea collaboration: Michael Grubb + Jeremy Parker


Comments

Popular Posts