Realizing.

Post grad life. 
It isn't glamourous. 
It isn't living out your dreams.
It's not about finding yourself.
It actually has little to do with you at all.

Most of it,
is waking up.

Waking up from the dream that life falls in place. 
Waking up to the reality that no amount of optimism will defuse what you feel.
Waking up to the chance this may be it.
Waking up and accepting that you don't have to accept the way things are, but just know trying to change them will break your heart. 

How silly of me.
I forgot the part you should remember.

It's waking up to the opportunity to contribute to society in your own way, without someone telling you to or scheduling it for you.
 It's waking up late because you slept in but bringing breakfast to your co-workers to make up for it and realizing these unexpected friends are pretty cool.
It's waking up to people depending on you and needing you.

It's beautiful.
Messy, never the same.
Hard, trying, and frustrating.
In the middle of it,
you're living.

And you can only say that for a little while.

I've milked this blog thing for the past four years. I started it with the urging of a friend. I used the first year, 2012 to introduce my style and share random music oddities. In 2013, I shared a band/ artist every month and why the reader should listen to them. 2014, I dug deep into my musical experiences and unveiled the level of my obsession. In 2015, I discovered my prejudices and shortcomings and tried to lend myself to different perspectives. This year, I apologize for. There hasn't been any direction really. 

But today, I had an idea. 
I've got a new trend for us.
Stay tuned. 

Comments

Popular Posts