Words like water

"Words are a form of action, capable of influencing change." -Ingrid Bengis


The edges were brown. I loved to fold panels in and secure them with tape. I filled them up and packed them to the brim. I loved the feeling of leaving. I knew the contents of my box--they stood inside those four walls.

My mind was a cardboard box. Yet, the world like rain came in and softened my walls. Thank God for the words that turned my cardboard box upside down.

I think one of the greatest lessons I ever learn was to evaluate my perspective. As a stubborn child--I had the potential to grow into an ignorant adult. Praise God for adversity and people who forced me to open my mind, my heart, and most importantly my ears.

The day I learned to look in the mirror was not easy. Our reflections are heavy things- bearing no mercy. Yet, instead of being disappointed and harvesting a bitterness for reality: this dreamer saw a chance to wake.

I have always admired those of the Jewish faith for placing such stalk in their words. They feared saying the name of God. They believed they were unworthy and He too holy. They would not even say His name. They believed to speak was to call into action. Their word was their feet beginning to move.

Words breed action.
Words imply responsibility.
Words encourage us to change.

We know the songs that have inspired us to move. "Man in the Mirror" brings out of the shadows and demands we see the people around us. "Try" by Colbie Caillat has made us discover the beauty inside ourselves is undying. John Lennon reminded us we are not alone that though we be dreamers, we are not the only ones. Countless examples exist of  words that were once simple ink spots on paper that now soar.

This is because they were never just lyrics. They were listening to the belief of another. They were considering the goals of an enemy. They were learning to hear the music as it played. 

Realize the gravity of your perspective.
Evaluate the windows you look out.
In the event that they are dirty... wash them clean.



"Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world."
 Imagine, John Lennon

Comments

Popular Posts