Wishful Thinking.

"Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world."
 -Martin Luther                                     



We have all done it. I remember creating movies in my head and narrating the film of my life. In the mornings while putting on makeup, I was thinking out scenes. My favorite part was picking theme music. Most of the time I made up strange, country hooks in my head about highways and empty envelopes.

Music, that sweet honey that never loses its feeling of home. I've never felt alone. I always welcome Winter but then wish it away quickly. While the cold air and silence is often so peaceful--I find myself craving a walk down the sidewalk. Spring, underneath. With music there is one season. You guessed it. What else could make you feel like you just woke up? What else could bring blooms to the ordinary?

It may be early, but pour a glass of pink lemonade, kick off your shoes, and stare at the sky awhile. Imagine your film. Your theme music awaits.

Welcome Spring:

3/4:
10,000 Towns,
Eli Young Band

3/11:
Lift Your Spirit,
Aloe Blacc

3/11:
Hearts on Fire,
The Dirty Guv'nahs

4/1:
A Dotted Line,
Nickel Creek

4/15:
Rivers in the Wasteland,
NEEDTOBREATHE

4/22:
Struggle Pretty,
Penny and Sparrow

5/6:
Supernova,
Ray LaMontagne

Smiling yet? I thought so.



<3
"Long live the heart, long live the soul
That knows what it wants.
That piece you can find
That part is the whole
It never lets go."
The Heart,
NEEDTOBREATHE













Comments

Popular Posts