October Trees.

"Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore."

       There is one dream. There is one thing behind our eyelids when we shut them. There is an easiness we forget in our everyday. For a moment I would like to call that back to the front lines of our hearts. For a moment I want us all the be whimsical, hopeful, bright children. That's why music exists--to take us back to sweeter moments we have forgotten and to remind us even the pain can be salvaged. So close your eyes for a moment. Forget. Remember. Savor the feeling. Begin reeling.
       I have many memories of my brother laying easy about to fall asleep with a song playing near him and hearing it in my room. The walls made us closer-- sharing the sound instead of dividing us. The gift of music humming sweetly from my brother's room to mine. Family and music. I cannot say it enough. One particular night my brother was listening to a raw voice in the next room. A line resounded, "You're the reason I come home. And when everything I know falls apart, you're the reason I come home." This was the day my world collided with Ron Pope.


       Most know him by "A Drop in the Ocean". It appeared on One Tree Hill and Vampire Diaries after that. The mainstream got lucky to hear this angelic voice in their airwaves. Ron Pope has the most honest voice in the living world. I have probably said that before, but I mean it most this time. Not only is his tone, raw and unpolished, but his nature is gentle and asking. Every time he meets a note it is like asking for forgiveness. It is like an old bitter friend coming with a smile to find redemption in the things they did wrong before. Eyes are downcast, but the heart is full of hope. An awaiting peace is within and the answer of forgiveness lingers in the notes. It leaves us open to be the innocent child. Close your eyes. Forget. Remember.
        So just like October, I pray Ron Pope finds you well. The sweet fall welcomes this kind voice into your life and playlist. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfyD6Nm6VQ


"Like autumn turns leaves,
Winter will breathe cold on our necks
Snow in our paths.
Wherever she goes
All that I know about us is that beautiful things never last,
That's why fireflies flash"

Fireflies, by Ron Pope

Comments

Popular Posts