"Pretty Fly For A White Guy"


     Soul. It is more than that brimming emotion inside you. It is more than the house of our humanity. It is even more than a thing that flies. The soul is the undeniable part of man. It is the device that makes us sing. Soul is also the genre of original hipsters. The ones who have golden pipes and barely need a melody behind them--there voices are the instrument. They keep everything coming alive. Peace writes the notes that their melodies sing. When you experience it--there is no question. Soul is more than just the content of man.

     If anyone has soul it is Jimmy Needham. We have seen his ability to be honest and compassionate. We have enjoyed his talents. We have discovered he is pretty fly for a white guy. I remember my friend Jennifer telling me that Jimmy and his wife Kelly were pregnant. I have always been that weird person that acts like they know famous people personally. My mentality is they are just people--I know people, so what is the difference? Regardless. When Lively Needham was born it effected the genius of Jimmy's music. His rejoicing was evident and his bliss was contagious. This was only amplified when Sophia Needham joined the family. Jen and I acted like strange distant parents--excited because when the musician is happy the music flows. We were of coarse genuinely happy to see life as well. Then even more recently we have learned that the Needham's will adopt an Ethiopian child. Our excitement grows as they will have the chance to love this child and fill them with God's greatest gift: music. With all this joy there seems to room for little else... but wait. This shirt is $8.00 J



https://www.missinginkshop.com/jimmyneedham/store/t-shirts/blue-needham-tee

“I cling to the veil to no avail without fail
Reaching for the God if Israel in man's jail
Wailing on my knees and hands to draw the curtain and stand
Thank God for bloody feet and pierced hands.”

I Am New, Jimmy Needham

Comments

Popular Posts