May 2013: He Is We

 
    Pure, incandescent happiness can be held into one note. I had my doubts too, but believe. I have always had this weird obsession with mason jars, but I guess that just comes with being born south of the Mason/Dixon. Glass in general is stunning-- but make it southern and put some green beans in it and I am home. Mason jars have this thing about them when they have water in them and light shining through. It is mesmerizing. So pure, so simple, it is breathtaking. I find the experience is much like hearing He Is We. They are a rare gem with consistency, creativity, and courage.
       Much of musical pleasure is from the hands of others. The cheesy side of me wants to gush about every tale of discovery and finding. Friends and family who give you good music are more than that: they are angels. To share good much is write "thank you" and "I Love You" with the tails of lighting bugs in the sky, at sunset, when the air is warm. Try to separate that from a feeling of joy--impossible. So when someone shares a band with you--listen close they might as well be sharing their heart. My cousin shared the sunspot that is He Is We with me. As it is easily drawn, it was love at first listen. I had never experienced something quite like He Is We. The duo has a sound I cannot compare with fear of losing the luster they deserve. All I know is it is impossible not to feel when you listen them. It is simply impossible. Not to feel happy, broken, forgiven, beautiful, etc. What a brilliant impossibility.



"I've heard so many words.
But I had no courage.
Now we're saying goodbye.
Don't want to miss you, tonight, oh."

-"Give It All", He Is We

Comments

Popular Posts