The Album is RED, the roses are too

      I try to avoid mainstream music--I think it's the nonconformist shouting for a chance to be different. However, there are always those artist who steal my heart against my will. If they can pass the test of my denial then they are worth it. The Goo Goo Dolls are one of these bands as well as John Mayer and others. Today it's Taylor Swift.
      She instantly gained my respect when she left the land north of the Mason-Dixon line and came to the land of southern pride. It took a strong willed blonde to try and fit into these rustic roots. She further gained points when she had NEEDTOBREATHE open for her. This fact alone is enough for her to have ultimate swag. I was slightly angry that she let out my best kept secret but the world deserves to know "girl named tennessee". If these weren't enough she just released RED.
      I have not purchased the cd yet but I have spent hours on youtube sifting through the joys of the album. I am so pleasantly surprised. I never felt that Taylor had a "country" style but there is a lot of music today that isn't country sounding--but country in content. "Country Must Be Country Wide" explains my point exactly. RED is a total reversal of what we all expected. It has nothing country to it, but it has style.
      First, every song sounds different. On previous albums every song was about the same. On RED you can enjoy a little dub-step on "I Knew You Were Trouble", a Kesha-like party on "22", a building climactic, lyrical genius on "All To Well", a fast pace, forlorn "Red", A bittersweet meolody in "Treacherous", a duet with Ed Sheeran "Everything Has Changed"--A DUET WITH ED SHEERAN. Those are just some of the wonders on this album. I think I can just say A DUET WITH ED SHEERAN again. I'm proud of taylor for expanding her horizons, for being a little more red than country and making us smile all the while. If you haven't given it a listen, open your ears ;)

"He said look at you worrying so much about things you can't change
You'll spend your whole life singing the blues if you keep thinking that way
He was trying to skip rocks on the ocean saying to me
Don't you see the starlight, starlight?
Don't you dream impossible things?" -"STARLIGHT" by Taylor Swift

Comments

Popular Posts